Wednesday 29 July 2015

Time to move on (to Flores)

Well it's been a delightful lazy few days at Velas but I really want to get to Flores and time is beginning to run out. The forecast isn't ideal - mixture of calms, fair light winds and contrary light winds over the next couple of days. The previously forecasted north easterlies never did materialise and they don't look as if they will in the near future, instead they are due to be replaced with fresh north westerlies in a couple of days which would be hard word work.

The passage to Flores - about 150 miles will therefore probably be a mixture of motoring and sailing but there should not be any strong contrary winds. The plan is to cast off at around 0700 tomorrow morning and head for Flores. If I can maintain a four knot average speed towards Flores I will get there on Friday evening before dark.

An alternative more real time track of the boat can be found via "". Search for "Arctic Smoke". The tracking is provided via the boat's AIS transponder.

Bon Voyage to Andy and Linda for their forthcoming passage to South Africa and Happy Wedding Anniversary...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments or ask questions